The Cool Muscle integrated servo system has been a premium, reliable product in the Reliance motion control range for many years. The company is pleased to announce an extension to the range, with the EtherCAT® compatible servo motors. EtherCAT® is a high speed, real time communication protocol that has the ability to update numerous devices in the microsecond range.
This makes it ideal for multi-axis synchronised control or in systems where a master is coordinating a large variety of devices such as sensors, motion axes, distributed IO, etc. The nema size 17 and 23 Cool Muscle motors are available with integrated EtherCAT® communication. All other models are available with the EtherCAT® Cool Muscle Bridge.
Features of the EtherCAT Cool Muscle Motors
- Integrated servo system including 50,000 cpr encoder, sinusoidal vector drive and realtime controller (with full torque, speed and position control).
- EtherCAT feature is available integrated or separately through the EtherCAT Bridge (which allows 4 standard motors to be linked).
- A standardised protocol which can easily be implemented in systems using the EtherCAT interface.
- The power of the driver and controller can be operated seperately, allowing for absolute position and increased safety.
- Standard I/O (4 inputs/2 outputs). Additionally, the output is designed for an inductive load, meaning 1 Amp can be run directly from the output.
- CSP, CSV, PP and CV motion profiles.