Career Opportunities at Reliance
Become part of the Reliance community
Reliance is committed to company development through internal employee growth and selective recruitment. Reliance seeks to employ people who can demonstrate the key values of reliability, integrity and innovation.
About Reliance Precision
Founded in 1920, Reliance Precision Limited is a family-owned engineering company specialising in the design, manufacture, assembly and test of highly complex components and sub-assemblies that play a critical role in the performance of the final application. Reliance is an established supplier to a diverse range of global markets including aerospace defence, analytical instruments and space. We are committed to providing the highest quality of product and service. Our company principles are underpinned by our vision: to build a company together that lasts. Reliance is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion amongst its workforce. We are one community to which everyone belongs.
To apply for a vacancy, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently looking to recruit for the following positions:
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Buyer to join our Procurement department. This is a permanent full-time position based at Reliance Precision Limited (Huddersfield, West Yorkshire).
Reporting to the Senior Buyer the successful candidate will work towards supporting business activity and contributing to the successful operation of the procurement department. Working as part of the procurement team they will be involved in managing a selection of vendors at both operational and more strategic levels. They will work to promote a high standard of purchasing activity throughout the business, being accountable for developing and managing supplier relationships and reporting on performance figures in line with current purchasing key performance indicators.
- Developing and managing relationships with a selection of vendors, ensuring close communication and feedback on supplier performance. Monitoring procurement KPI’s and supplier quality/delivery performance data which is reviewed at monthly meetings and developing suitable strategies for any underperforming vendors.
- Negotiating and managing supply agreements with key vendors, working to identify and select best source of supply based on cost, quality and delivery requirements.
- Liaising with and providing support to various teams internally regarding any procurement and supply chain issues, ensuring close communications with suppliers relating to any critical requirements and engaging on product developments/design.
- Maintain accuracy of stock information on the system, including costs, lead times and relevant compliance data, i.e., Country of origin, ECCN data.
- Action daily reports to ensure effective alignment with delivery scheduling in support of customer delivery requirements and managing stock in relation to cash flow and inventory.
- Handle supplier non-conformance issues, raising PO rejects and working with suppliers to ensure delivery of replacement parts/credits and identifying root cause and effective corrective action.
- Resolving invoice queries linked to purchase ledger, as and when required.
- Efficient raising of PO’s and RFQ’s in relation to system driven requirements and raising PO’s for non-production and consumable items
- Delivery progressing and expediting.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum Level 4 CIPS qualified.
- Strong interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships.
- Clear communication skills with all stakeholders in the business
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Commercially astute.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge and experience of procurement principles, including ethical and sustainable procurement.
- A full member of CIPS or working towards achieving MCIPS status.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of ISO9001/AS9100 quality standards
- Knowledge and understanding of raw materials and grades/specifications available (Stainless Steel, Aluminium, etc)
- Experienced user of Microsoft software
- Engineering or manufacturing background
- Leading and initiating investigations linked to supplier quality issues.
- Ability to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
Hours of Work
Permanent, full-time contract working 38 hours per week.
(08:00 – 17:00 Monday – Thursday, 08:00 – 12:00 Friday)
How to Apply
For more information or to apply for the role please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Looking for information about our Apprenticeship Scheme? Please visit our Apprenticeships page.