Oldham couplings are ideal where high degrees of parallel misalignment are present, assembly access is restricted and electrical insulation is required. Their construction of aluminium alloy hubs and nylon or acetal centre disc allows separate assembly of hubs onto shafts and then simple engagement with the centre disc on assembly where shaft movement is restricted. In addition, the construction of the centre disc allows the oldham coupling to act as a torque limiter or overload device.
Technical features include:
- Zero backlash with acetal disc
- High parallel misalignment capability
- Electrically insulated discs act as a mechanical fuse preventing damage to other components
- Temperature range:
Acetal disc: -23ºC to +65ºC.
Nylon disc: -23ºC to +54ºC.
- Max speed: 4,500 rpm
- Acetal discs provide high torsional stiffness
- Nylon discs provide vibration and shock absorption
For more information, please download the catalogue below or contact our sales team.