Continuing Improvement Programme
Our continuing improvement programme has resulted in:
- Reduction in number of customer returns
- Shorter set-up times, leading to smaller batch sizes and improved lead times
- Continual process development and investment in tools and skills
- Elimination of documentation errors
- Introduction of APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) to ensure that new products are brought into production rigorously and quickly
- Improved test yield for a major scientific instrument customer
Cobham Mission Equipment has worked with Reliance Precision for a number of years on several high profile aerospace projects. Reliance has relentlessly worked with CME to develop and improve the supply chain of one of our major running complex assemblies and has delivered consistently, without rejects, on time and in full for a period of 12 months thus gaining a gold supplier award.
We have been assessed against the Cyber Essentials Scheme Test Specification and have achieved the ‘Cyber Essentials’ level of certification. ‘Cyber Essentials is a Government-backed, industry-supported scheme to help organisations protect themselves against common online threats’ and ‘demonstrate commitment to cyber security’. It provides ‘a set of basic technical controls to help organisations protect themselves against common online security threats’. View our certificate here, or for more information, visit the Cyber Essentials website.
Reliance Precision Ltd (Huddersfield) and Reliance Precision Manufacturing (Ireland) Ltd, design, manufacture and test highly complex components and sub-assemblies that play a critical role in the performance of the final application for our customers in the UK and world-wide
Our vision is to become an “elite” organisation; developing a high engagement – high performance culture that focuses on:
- Ensuring a completely safe working environment guided by industry best practice;
- An unwavering focus on our customers and their needs;
- A culture of continual improvement in pursuit of perfection;
- Building an organisation that inspires an exceptional contribution from our people.
Building a culture of excellence is a key part of this vision and this demands firm commitments from the organisation to continuously encourage and support the right activities and processes to achieve this. This is underpinned by the company principles for which the long-term aim is to build a company together that lasts.
Business excellence will be achieved by:
- Preventing ill-health & injury by identifying and eliminating hazards where possible and reducing their risk
- Consulting with our people and encouraging their participation in the development of safe working practices
- Complying with all relevant legal and requirements of all stakeholders, particularly those from the customer
- Setting objectives and implementing effective measures of process performance
- Demonstrating achievement of customer & stakeholder requirements by focusing on: • Accident elimination
- Right first-time quality
- Effective customer complaint resolution
- On time delivery
- Waste reduction
- Establishing a culture where all people are encouraged to identify opportunities and participate in improvement activities.
- Ensuring people understand how their actions and behaviours affect customers and stakeholders both internally & externally.
- Being open and honest about our performance measures & monitoring stakeholder feedback to inform the development plans and business improvement activities.
- Aligning individual and team level objectives with the organisation’s strategic objectives.
The Reliance management system is constantly under review and being continuously improved by the use of audits (internal and external), customer and stakeholder feedback, management reporting and review. This ensures we can demonstrate the effectiveness of our management system by our SHEQ accreditation standards: ISO 9001, AS 9100, ISO 13485, ISO 14001 & ISO 45001