Stainless Steel Screws and Hardware
Reliance stainless steel fasteners are manufactured from A4-70 cold worked austenitic stainless steel, certified to a minimum of 700MPa tensile strength, while providing the best possible corrosion resistance. Thread sizes from M1.6 to M10 are available. In addition to our standard machine screws and set screws for special applications we also offer:-
- Captive screws - socket head cap screws to ISO 4762 with plain shank for captive assembly of screw to prevent fastener loss, ideal for service covers. Available in sizes M2 to M6.
- Ventilation screws - socket head cap vented screws to ISO 4762 drilled through on axis. Mainly used in the clean room outgassing chamber environments in high vacuum equipment and other clean critical applications. Available in sizes M2 to M6. Rolled thread for excellent surface finish, superior thread strength and increased hardness properties.
- Wire locking screws - plain socket head cap screws to ISO 4762 with cross drilled head to allow fastener retention by wire locking. Rolled thread for excellent surface finish, superior thread strength and increased hardness properties.
- Shoulder screws - socket head screws with accurate diameter shoulder for precision assemblies. Maybe used to replace components such as shafts, pivots, pins and guides. Ideally used for linkages and stationary guides.
- Plain socket head screws - rolled thread for excellent surface finish, superior thread strength and increased hardness properties.
- Pan head and cheese head machine screws
- Countersunk machine screws
- Solder tip set screws - stainless steel set screws (also known as grub screws) with a semi-soft solder tip which helps prevent marking on the shaft.
- Nylon tip set screws - a self locking stainless steel set screw (grub screws) with a soft nylon insert. Ideal to prevent shaft marking.
- Cup point set screws - used for quick, permanent location of pin hub gears, collars, couplings and pulleys on shafts. These grub screws are suitable for high torque transmission.
Please note: smaller sizes of fasteners may be manufactured from A2-70 stainless steel. Imperial sizes also available, please contact us for more information.
Also available in our standard hardware range are:-
- Stainless steel disc springs 4 mm to 12 mm bores.
- Stainless steel hexagon nuts M1.6 to M6
- Plain and tooth lock washers M1.6 to M6
- Precision coiled pins diameter 0.8 mm to 3 mm
- Precision ground 300 series stainless steel dowel pins
- Stainless steel internal and external circlips
- Clamp cleats M3, ideal for use with resolvers, encoders and potentiometers
A selected range is available from our online store and catalogue. Please contact us for more information if you are unable to find the size, head style and application type you require. The wider range includes; tamper resistant, low profile, special coatings and materials.